Golden Town Apple Products is a division of A. Lassonde Inc. situated in?a beautiful small town?close to?Collingwood, Ontario. The plant processes farm fresh apples into apple juice destined for further processing.
We are currently looking for a Maintenance Manager to join our team, who will plan and organize all activities pertaining to maintenance and provide leadership and support to the Maintenance team.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Maintenance Manager will be responsible for managing the entire maintenance operation of equipment, utilities, building and control systems.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and execute a schedule for all maintenance work and repairs to ensure that equipment is operational for scheduled production
- Responsible for making the necessary decisions regarding: frequency and extent of equipment repair and maintenance, frequency and volume of parts and supplies ordered
- Ensure that parts are available and purchased in appropriate quantities and at competitive prices as per A. Lassonde Inc.’s purchasing policy
- Maintain and document repair service records for equipment
- Coordinate building maintenance and repair as required
- Review quarterly variances and provide explanations and control departmental spending to meet budgets
- Ensure proper equipment layout for Production requirements
- Provide direction and instructions to external Contractors
- Assist in the preparation and adherence to the annual department budget
- Assist with production scheduling and planning
- Work on ongoing projects such as new equipment installations, new product launches, continuous improvement initiatives etc…
- Manage, coach and train employees and ensure they adhere to safe work practices and company policies and procedures
- Evaluate all direct reports and provide measurable objectives and guidance for continuous improvement
- Follow and ensure that all maintenance work is in compliance with all GMP, HACCP and other Food Safety requirements
- Responsible for working in a safe manner and maintaining a work environment as free as possible from hazards to ensure the safety of employees in compliance with the OHSA, internal safety policies and procedures and other safety regulations
- Perform accident/incident investigations as required and ensure that corrective action is taken place in a timely manner
- Act as management representative on the Joint Health & Safety Committee (JHSC) when required
- Perform all other tasks deemed pertinent to the position
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- Licensed Millwright or completion of a Mechanical/Engineering technical program, or equivalent
- 5 years of Maintenance work experience, preferably in a Supervisor or Manager role
- Previous work experience in the food and beverage industry is a definite asset
- Knowledge of various codes and regulations such as: Fire/Building Code, OHSA, TSSA, Environmental Standards, ESA, CFIA etc…
- Strong technical aptitude (both mechanical and electrical) and troubleshooting ability of manufacturing machinery and equipment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and engage employees
- Strong organizational skills with ability to multitask
- Ability to negotiate and problem solve
- Excellent computer and mathematical skills
Interested applicants are invited to send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our company. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted, however, we will retain all resumes on file for future opportunities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. Please advise us if you require accommodation and we will be happy to work with you to meet your needs.
About Lassonde Inc.
Lassonde is an active, growing, and innovative company. To support this growth, we are always on the lookout for new, talented people with a serious interest in the agri-food industry—people who will enable us to continue to reach even higher.
Submit my application
your request will be processed as quickly as possible.